cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple clustering integrating with AD

Chris Bomba
Level 4
Level 4

I have a customer that I am doing a design for that wants to integrate with Ad for CCM. No problem. BUT there are going to be maybe 15 sites or so that will each have their own cluster of CCMs. The AD structure that they will be integrating to is and enterprise AD. So is it possible to integrate multiple CCM clusters with the same AD, and let each cluster see the whole domain as its directory? Any help would be apprepciated.

Thanks,

Chris

3 Replies 3

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

You can have multiple clusters using the same AD domain. When you run the ad plugin, just selct "custom" instead of "express" and yes, you will see the whole directory.

Each cluster can talk to a seperate GC so if you have them at each location, you are covered if the WAN goes down.

please rate helpful posts.

adignan - berbee

Please be advised on the user accounts that are commonly used by applications, like the "ac" user for Attendant Console, "jtapi", "rmjtapi" user for IPCC Express etc. Since it is a single directory, you cannot have the same user id and hence you would need to create different user id's for these applications in each cluster to avoid any chances of data getting overwritten. For example, create user id "jtapi_cluster1" for cluster1, "jtapi_cluster2" for cluster2 etc.

Regards,

Anup

Thank you both, those were just the answers I was looking for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: