I have a hard time to understand the theory to configure the backplane interfaces on CMM-6T1 and SUP32. Here is the picture looks like:
- Sup32 is in slot 5 of 6509
- CMM-6T1 is in slot 1 of the same 6509
- Saw the output when show cdp nei on sup32:
G1/0 (sup) <--> G1/1 (CMM)
F1/5 (Sup) <--> F3/0 (CMM)
- When I configured all those four interfaces as layer3 interfaces, they can ping each other from either CMM or SUP.
- However, according to the link below, it is required to confiugred interfaces on sup as layer2 (switch acccess vlan). I did, CMM and SUP can not ping each other (I put G1/0 and F3/0 on CMM in the same vlan as interface vlan on Sup)
So my questions are:
1) should both G1/1 and F1/5 on SUP32 be configured as layer 2 interfaces to work properly with CMM?
2) What G1/0 and F3/0 on CMM for?
3) Which IP address on CMM is used as GW when we configure on CallManager with MGCP, G1/0 or F3/0? I thought at this time the answer is F3/0.
Please someone shed lights on this question. Thanks in advance!!