Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: Password Recovery on 6509 IOS 12.2.

zapanta.f
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I am trying to recover from a lost password on a sup720. I was able to get into the romon1> and change the config reg from 0x2102 to 0x2142. Do I have to rename the current configuration? Once the password has been changed revert the changes?

Thank you in advance.

-fz

7 Replies 7

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

Here is a step-by-step procedure:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_password_recovery09186a00801caa95.shtml#topic1

Please note step 5 as it explains the transfer of consoel to the RP. Remember this platform have two processors. You need to be in the RP rommon to change the config-register to 0x2142 for the RP to ignore the config, otherwise if you're in the SP it will not work as the config is in the RP. Please look at that link over.

Please rate all posts.

Thanks!! I will try this again. :)

-fz

Bosalaza,

This 6500 was cnfigured by someone else so i was unsure how far the configs were made? It seems the 6500 is configured fresh out the box. I tried to search for the last current configuration? Also, the next bootup the 6500 was looking for an image. Is there a way i can rever from last config? Do i have to set the boot priority?

thanks.

-fz

You can revert back to the last time running configuration was changed but not saved. If it was saved then running and start will be sync and the same.

you can change the boot variable yourself with "boot system flash sup-bootflash:". Don't forget to remove the old boot variable with "no boot blah".

show bootvar to confirm the boot variable.

Please rate all posts.

thank you again!...

-fz

By the Bosalaza!

Is there a software tool that converts cat os to IOS? I am in the process of migrating over from a Cat4006 to 6500 via IOS12.x.

Thanks.

-fz

I don't understand. You cannot convert a Cat4000 CatOS to IOS. YOu can only do a CatOS to Native IOS conversion on a Cat6000.

Here is a CatOS to Native IOS conversion:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa6.shtml

Please rate all posts.