cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity 4.05 w CM 4.13 - collapsing dialing domains

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, currently we have several dialing domains in our Unity infrastructure. We would like to collapse two of them into one - we have verified that we meet all the requirements to do so. Would it be cleaner just to change the dialing domain in Unity for all of the servers in one existing domain to move them into the other existing one or should we create a new dialing domain name and move them all into that one when we are ready. It seems more cosmetic, but just wondering if there are any best practices to follow.

Also, one of these servers we had to rebuild recently, and as a result we now have two default locations for the one server listed in the delivery locations and dialing domains (cross box login) configuration pages - I would like to clean this up and was wondering if there is anyway to do it other than deleting the sql entry? When we rebuilt the unity server, we deleted all corresponding AD entries except for the location because we have so many of them and didnt want to take a chance deleting the wrong one - is this why we are still seeing the old delivery and dialing domain entries?

4 Replies 4

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

If we currently have 3 dialing domains, and they all have thier own pilot number for external access to voicemail, can we continue to keep these separate even if we collapse the dialing domain into one? Just leave the routing rule as is for the pilot number on each server but configure unity in the dialing domain section of the SA with the pilot number for each unity server for transfers, etc?

Sorry, lab is being rebuilt presently or I would test myself..just looking for comments from those who have done this already.thanks.

Hi -

Yes, we have three Unity servers in our dialing domain. We have cross-box login configured. Each Unity server has its own pilot (CTI route point) in CallManager. We advertise to our customers that they can call any of the three numbers to access voicemail, but we also tell them their "home" server. Some of our customers dial another Unity server because, for them, it is a local call, and then cross-box login that way.

Ginger

Thanks Ginger, that is exactly what I needed to know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: