cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can an Agent tell what Queue they are answering?

Chuck Reid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, What can I do so that when an agent, who is part of multiple queues, answers a queue call, they can see what queue it is they are answering on their ipphone? We use only ipphone agents. Right now, the cti port number is being displayed. I would prefer to have it display the cti route point or ideally a name, like, SERVICE QUEUE... Please advise...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Don?t think your last mentioned solution will be easy to implement, allthough it might be possible with some direct database access to callmanager, but seriously not recommended IMHO.

One thing to consider could be to set some variable, based on the JTAPI trigger that was called, or selections made in the prompt menus or on caled number or whatever fits your needs. Then, use this variable to distribute as enterprise data field. Since the enterprise data will popup on the client, you will be able to achieve your goal, I think...

HTH,

Leo

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One thing you could do is create seperate JTAPI groups, with corresponding ports configured with meaningful Display Name.

Chris

David Wolgast
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using the Enterprise or Express product? If Enterprise, you can set a Call.PeriperalVariable to display the type of call to the agent in the desktop. I know something similar is possible in Express, but can't give you specifics on what you need to do in your CRS scripts and desktop.

If this helps, please don't forget to rate the post.

I am using IPCC Express Premium 4.0.4

jtndavis111
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any other ideas on this issue?

I am facing the same problem and configuring seperate JTAPI Control Groups is the only solution I can come up with. Ideally, I would like to find a way that I can set the display name of the cti port within the script before it is routed to the queue.

Don?t think your last mentioned solution will be easy to implement, allthough it might be possible with some direct database access to callmanager, but seriously not recommended IMHO.

One thing to consider could be to set some variable, based on the JTAPI trigger that was called, or selections made in the prompt menus or on caled number or whatever fits your needs. Then, use this variable to distribute as enterprise data field. Since the enterprise data will popup on the client, you will be able to achieve your goal, I think...

HTH,

Leo