cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DiRT won't backup messages

d-hill
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity ver 4.03 sr1 as a standalone voice mail only box. Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000 all on the same box. I am trying to move the Unity to a new box. When I do the DiRT backup it backs up the EADMIN mailbox but no other mailbox.

I get this in the ExMerge.log :

14:35:39] (Thread1)Copying data from mailbox 'Stephanie Gaster' ('StephanieG') on Server 'SCCUNITY' to file 'D:\CALLMANAGER BACKUP\UNITYSAVEALL\MESSAGES\STEPHANIEG.PST'.

[14:35:40] (Thread2)Errors encountered. Copy process aborted for mailbox 'WBMM WorkStudy' ('WBMMW').

[14:35:40] For more information, please refer to file D:\Callmanager Backup\UnitySaveall\ExMerge-(Thread2).LOG

[14:35:40] (Thread2)Copying data from mailbox 'WB HelpDesk' ('WBH') on Server 'SCCUNITY' to file 'D:\CALLMANAGER BACKUP\UNITYSAVEALL\MESSAGES\WBH.PST'.

[14:35:41] (Thread3)Errors encountered. Copy process aborted for mailbox 'Steve Rheinschmidt' ('SteveR').

[14:35:41] For more information, please refer to file D:\Callmanager Backup\UnitySaveall\ExMerge-(Thread3).LOG

and this in the ExMerge-(Thread2).LOG :

[13:48:51] Logging Level: Minimum

[13:48:51] Initializing worker thread (Thread2)

[13:48:51] (Thread2) processing the range of mailboxes from 'WBMM WorkStudy' to 'Judy Houseal' (index 134 to 200)

[13:48:51] Using locale 0x409 and code page 1252 to connect to mailbox

[13:48:51] Copying data from mailbox 'WBMM WorkStudy' ('WBMMW') on Server 'SCCUNITY' to file 'D:\CALLMANAGER BACKUP\UNITYSAVEALL\MESSAGES\WBMMW.PST'.

[13:48:51] Successfully initialized MAPI.

[13:48:54] Successfully created profile.

[13:48:54] Successfully initialized MAPI.

[13:48:54] MAPI Logon successful.

[13:48:54] Error extracting information from server DN '' (CMapiSession::GetInfoFromProfile)

[13:48:54] Errors encountered. Copy process aborted for mailbox 'WBMM WorkStudy' ('WBMMW').

[13:48:55] Using locale 0x409 and code page 1252 to connect to mailbox

[13:48:55] Copying data from mailbox 'WB HelpDesk' ('WBH') on Server 'SCCUNITY' to file 'D:\CALLMANAGER BACKUP\UNITYSAVEALL\MESSAGES\WBH.PST'.

[13:48:55] Successfully initialized MAPI.

[13:48:58] Successfully created profile.

[13:48:58] Successfully initialized MAPI.

[13:48:58] MAPI Logon successful.

[

Thanks

Don

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Of course DiRT is just using Microsoft's ExMerge to get your messages into PST files - this looks like a known issue with ExMerge not handling some special characters in server/mailstore names (i.e. "'" or spaces) - I've seen those kinds of error messages in those cases.

usually what I reccomend folks do is just use ExMerge stand alone and take DiRT out of the picture - DiRT is not related to the problems you're having here. If you run it from the Exchsvr\bin\ folder it has it's own little GUI and you can do just a backup of a single user that's having problems to narrow it down - if you search around in the newsgroups on that error, you'll find a number of posts related to server names and such.

I found the problem. The user account had hide from directory checked. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Don

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: