Suggestions for Frame-Relay QoS for both Voice & Video

Unanswered Question
Jul 3rd, 2006
User Badges:

Hello, I have a config I am putting together for a customer who is running both voice and video over their frame network. The frame network consists of three sites; MI, DC, TX, with MI being the hub. The frame network is a full mesh with every site having a PVC to each other. Each site has a T1 connection rate with a full line rate CIR.

The challenges I'm having are how to tweak the QoS policies for both voice and video conferencing and also how to allow for the fact that the hub site (MI) has the same line rate (T1) as the other spoke sites. Obviously their is the potential for the spokes (DC & TX) to overrun the hub site, especially when we're talking a video conference between all three sites.

I was planning on implementing LLQ with FR Traffic Shaping but I'm indecisive about the bandwidth numbers I'm defining in the policy map classes.

The video conf. is polycom and I can control what DSCP/COS values the units tag at and also how much bandwidth they configure a session to, which should help. I planned on riding the voice in the priority queue and letting the video ride in a high-level queue with a COS of 4.

I'm interested to hear how others have configured their policies with regards to bandwidth when you have the same line rate everywhere.

Also anyone who has some suggestions on approaching this differently are more then welcome to comment. Sample configs would be great!

Thanks for the help! (I also cross-posted this message in the Video over IP forum as well as it applies to both)

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion