Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4500, supervisor II+, EIGRP

marekduba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're bought a catalyst 4500 sup II+ with image cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA4.bin

In feature navigator isn't anything about EIGRP in this image, but in CLI I may configure EIGRP.

How is that possible?

thx

5 Replies 5

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

You can only configure the EIGRP stub on the Sup 2+. EIGRP fully is not supported on sup2+.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_2_31s/conf/l3_int.htm#wp1042868

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_data_sheet09186a0080197424.html

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Yeah, i saw this about EIGRP stub... but if I write sh run command, there's no line with eigrp stub in router eigrp section.

Is the eigrp stub command on by default? And how can I check the stub settings?

marekduba
Level 1
Level 1

So, there is routing proto's that I can configure in CLI... How is that possible?

bgp Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)

egp Exterior Gateway Protocol (EGP)

eigrp Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)

isis ISO IS-IS

iso-igrp IGRP for OSI networks

mobile Mobile routes

odr On Demand stub Routes

ospf Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)

rip Routing Information Protocol (RIP)

Good morning,

Your image is IP BASE and it does not support EIGRP to be processed in hardware. It is going to work, but the switch will kick EIGRP out of the CPU.

You would need to download an ENHANCED L3 image to have native EIGRP support. Look for "is5s-mz" in the image, for example

cat4000-i5s-mz.122-25.EWA6.bin>>>>ENHANCED L3 (OSPF,EIGRP,IS-IS)

Regards,

Simon Laurin

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will also see that the commands to run ospf and even bgp are in there and will work in a lab situation but also are not supported .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card