Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to start IPM database

polmv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we installed IPM 2.6 (as part of the LMS 2.5) on a Windows 2003 Server and do now have a database problem. During the installation a warning appears showing that the permissions on the installation directory cannot be set, but this will not prevent us from using the product. Don't whether this has anything to do with the problem.

After the installation the IPM database server won't start. The ipmservices.log shows this:

7/12/2006 19:25:55 | Cisco IPM DB Server | INFO | Starting Database Services

7/12/2006 19:25:56 | Cisco IPM DB Server | INFO | Database will time out in 5 minutes

7/12/2006 19:25:57 | Cisco IPM DB Server | ERROR: [ 1332 ]| Unable to look up Administrators account

7/12/2006 19:25:57 | Cisco IPM DB Server | ERROR: [ 1332 ]| Could not set access permissions to DB process

7/12/2006 19:25:57 | Cisco IPM DB Server | ERROR: [ 1332 ]| There was a problem starting the database, please consult your documentation.

7/12/2006 19:25:57 | Cisco IPM DB Server | INFO | Stopping IPM Database Server

7/12/2006 19:26:01 | Cisco IPM PM Server | INFO | Starting Process Manager Services

7/12/2006 19:26:07 | Cisco IPM DB Server | INFO | Database services stopped.

Trying to start the database server by "ipm start db" has the same result.

The installation ist performed using an account having full administrator privileges.

Any ideas?

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The last time I saw this problem (needed reinstall as mentioned before) it was due to an unsupported OS which is the case here. LMS including IPM cannot be installed on the German version of Windows. We currently only support US English and Japanese for Windows OS languages.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you install this as the local administrator or as a domain admin? Also, what is the language version of this Windows OS?

The last time I saw something like this it was a bad install and IPM needed to be installed again.

Hello davistan,

thanks for your response.

We tried both: local administrator and a domain account that is member of the DomainAdmins - same result

The language version of the Windows OS is german.

Thomas

Hi,

The last time I saw this problem (needed reinstall as mentioned before) it was due to an unsupported OS which is the case here. LMS including IPM cannot be installed on the German version of Windows. We currently only support US English and Japanese for Windows OS languages.

Seems that i didn't carefully read the software requirements ;-).

We will try the US English version of Windows2003.

Thanks again for your help.

Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: