cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring OSPF Networks -

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

I'm looking for ideas/ways/tools peoples are using to monitor OSPF networks. Any input would be appreciated.

I see where new versions of code support the Cisco-OSPF-MIB. I'm curious how it was done before this....

Again, thanks for any input.

P.S. Can Campus Mgr provide any OSPF monitoring functionality....

7 Replies 7

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

There are OSPF syslog messages of course.

Since Campus Manager is more or less for layer 2, there isn't much you can do with it to monitor OSPF.

Can you please post the syslog messages for OSPF?

Never mind. I see where I can get them....

I was able to build a pretty good list from the file syslog_msgs_html.txt in the /opt/CSCOpx/cgi-bin/sysloga directory.

%OSPF 2 NOMEMORY:

%OSPF 3 DBEXIST:

%OSPF 3 DUP_RTRID:

%OSPF 3 INIT_IDB:

%OSPF 3 INTERNALERR:

%OSPF 3 NOBACKBONE:

%OSPF 3 NOCONNDB:

%OSPF 3 NOLSA:

%OSPF 3 NOSELF:

%OSPF 3 RDB_NO_LSA:

%OSPF 3 RECONF_VL:

%OSPF 3 UNKNOWNSTATE:

%OSPF 4 BADLENGTH:

%OSPF 4 BADLSATYPE:

%OSPF 4 CONFLICTING_LSAID:

%OSPF 4 ERRRCV:

%OSPF 4 NONEIGHBOR:

%OSPF 4 NORTRID:

%OSPF 4 NOTREDIST4:

%OSPF 4 NOTREDIST5:

%OSPF 4 VIRTUAL_IN_NON_BACKBONE:

%OSPF 5 ADJCHG:

%OSPF 6 AREACHG:

%OSPF 6 BADCHKSUM:

%OSPF 6 NOSRCPDB:

%OSPF 6 NOTREDIST1:

%OSPF 6 NOTREDIST3:

%OSPF 6 ZERO_BANDWIDTH:

HP sells an appliance called RAMS (Route Analytics Management System) that is designed to monitor and troubleshoot OSPF Networks. It is a standalone platform but can integrate into NNM. But I have never tested it. Look for info here:

http://www.openview.hp.com/products/ovrams/

HTH,

MArtin

Seconded.

You can view an on-demand replay of the July 12th Web Demo titled "HP OpenView NNM7.51 and RAMS 4.0" at:

http://hpbroadband.com/program.aspx?key=VUJOR4XELJ&jumpid=em_eDM_campaign/US/Jul06_Ent/12KO5Q-XXXX-Jul1206OpenViewSorryweMissedYou/EventSorryWeMissedYou

PAUL TRIVINO
Level 3
Level 3

Check out www.packetdesign.com - their "Route Explorer" looks like it does this. I looked at it at Networkers2005 and it looked slick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: