Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Transferred calls are dropped after CNA timeout

Unanswered Question
Jul 17th, 2006
User Badges:

I have a problem I just can't find the answer to. I am certain tha the answer would be easy, but right now, I'm lost.

Here is a quick description of the problem (CCM 4.1.3 btw.)

If a call to DN 1111 in partition X is not answered (internal and external), it is redirected to the operator at DN 3001 in partition Y.

However, if a call to DN 2222 is answered, then manually transfered to DN 1111 and not answered. The call is dropped (and a busy signal is issued) when it is supposed to redirect to DN 3001.

The strange thing is: if I but the DN 3001 in partition X (Same as DN 1111), the redirection works.

Short summary: When a direct inbound call to any DN is timed out and then redirected to another DN. It works.

When a call has been transfered to a DN, and then is timed out. Redirection is only successfull within the "current" partition.

Which CSS is used when a call is transfered, and then redirected (timed out). It is clear to me, that it does not use the CSS defined in line-config of the phone.

Any good answers?

Kind Regards

Lasse

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mmorris11 Wed, 07/19/2006 - 05:46
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Is partition Y in the CSS assigned to the 3001 DN?

lawedo Wed, 07/19/2006 - 22:05
User Badges:

Yes it is. I will try to clearify the issue:

If I dial an internal DN (DN 2003 dials DN 2004 in partition X)), and the dialled party does not pick up the phone. The line is confgured to FWD No Answer Internal (and eksternal) to DN 3001 (in partition Y) using a CSS with partition Y in it. There is nothing wrong with this scenario, and the call is forwarded to the swichboard as designed.

But if DN 2001 calls DN 2002 and the user at DN 2002 manually transfer the call to DN 2003 (and complets the transfer without waiting for DN 2003 to pick up the call), the FWD No Answer Internal (and eksternal) to DN 3001 fails. The same rule is applied, but gets disconnected when beeing transfered to a different partition. If DN 3001 is put in partition X (with DN 200X) the FWD No Answer Internal (and eksternal) to DN 3001 works just fine.

lawedo Mon, 08/07/2006 - 03:12
User Badges:

There has to be an answer to this. Anyone else with this problem?

Actions

This Discussion