Views
Helpful
Replies

urgent: can't logon to switch after conf microsoft Radius for logon

paulnigel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi forum,

i can't logon to my switch after configuring logon with microsoft Radius, my configuration is as follow:

username nwadmin privilege 15 password 7

username yeopaul privilege 15 password 7

aaa new-model

aaa authentication login default group XXXRADIUS local enable

aaa group server radius XXXRADIUS

server X.X.X.X

radius-server host X.X.X.X auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646 timeout 60 retransmit 3 key XXXXX

=====================================

on the microsoft radius server, i can see from the security event that the authentication is successful. However, the system event show the logon fail, reason : the user attempt to use an authentication method that is not enabled on the matching remote access policy.

how do I recover the switch's access?(it is my core switch running HSRP with another)

what could be the cause of this problem?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Best regards,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I suspect that Remote access policy is not configured on the IAS server. Please follow the link to create the remote access policy:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/89772aab-db97-47a7-b806-042061189fa61033.mspx?mfr=true

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I suspect that Remote access policy is not configured on the IAS server. Please follow the link to create the remote access policy:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/89772aab-db97-47a7-b806-042061189fa61033.mspx?mfr=true

Thanks much Wong,

it resolved my issue. Cisco is actually using pap so i alter the policy to use pap, then it goes through.

somehow i don't understand why even after i shutdown the Radius server, the switches still do not refer to the local user database for authentication, but when i did the same thing on my ASA, it does work.

Thanks and regards,

paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: