Views
Helpful
Replies

Range of IP addresses...

hornbeck
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

What is the command syntax on a PIX515e for allowing access to the range to addresses 150.147.1/24?

TIA,

Gary

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gary

The clarification that you provide is helpful. If you want to allow that range of addresses access inbound then you would add a line like this to the inbound access list on the firewall :

access-list permit ip 150.147.1.0 255.255.255.0 any

This would give Sirsi access to all of the IP addresses in your network. If the library has a certain range of IP addresses you might change the "any" to specify the range of library addresses as the destination.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

glen.messenger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do you mean as a destination, or for management connectivity? Perhaps you should be a bit more clearer.

Glen.

I appologize if I was not clear. This is an outsourced outfit called Sirsi that need access through the firewall for our Libary. We are a small community college. They need this range of ip's to be able to get through the firewall so they can have the connectivity they need to assist the Library if they have issue with the Sirsi software they provide.

They will need full access to the Sirsi server...

Please let me know if you have any further guestions..I need to allow this whole range of address to pass...

Thanks,

Gary

Gary

The clarification that you provide is helpful. If you want to allow that range of addresses access inbound then you would add a line like this to the inbound access list on the firewall :

access-list permit ip 150.147.1.0 255.255.255.0 any

This would give Sirsi access to all of the IP addresses in your network. If the library has a certain range of IP addresses you might change the "any" to specify the range of library addresses as the destination.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you very much Rick and thanks so very much for your expert advice and knowledge. I am very greatful you guys share info like you do.

This needs to be done early Monday, and because of your help I can enjoy the rest of my weekend...would buy you a cold beer if you were here!

Thanks again,

Gary

Gary

I am glad that we have been able to help you with this. I worked in a small community college early in my career and I understand the need to sometimes look for assistance to outside people. The forum is a very helpful resource and I encourage you to continue your participation.

And thanks for rating the post.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick