Question about the CTIOS agent licenses!

Answered Question
Jul 24th, 2006
User Badges:

Hi,all

One customer want to install IPCC 7.0 with Cisco CTIOS Agent Desktop and he wants to order 25 CTIOS Agent Licenses. In my Lab enviroment, My IPCC 7.0 media kit is the NFR Demo version. My license state is NLR. So I can add the CTIOS agent unlimitly.

But what about the customer? My question is that the license is just one paper or Cisco has limited in the system. Can they add the CTIOS Agent unlimitly?

I am looking forward to the answer.

Thanks & Regards

Correct Answer by lpezj about 11 years 3 weeks ago

The licenses in IPCC/ICM Enterprise are honor based. Cisco has no control in the number of concurrent agents logged. In IPCC Express, the system has control of the logged agents.

But you can try to implement a custom control using the CTIOS toolkit: you can check in your custom application how many agents are logged in, and if the number is bigger that the agents purchased nor launch the agent application.

By now, IPCC Agent Licenses are a piece of paper.

Regards,

Juan Luis

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
lpezj Mon, 07/24/2006 - 00:27
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

The licenses in IPCC/ICM Enterprise are honor based. Cisco has no control in the number of concurrent agents logged. In IPCC Express, the system has control of the logged agents.

But you can try to implement a custom control using the CTIOS toolkit: you can check in your custom application how many agents are logged in, and if the number is bigger that the agents purchased nor launch the agent application.

By now, IPCC Agent Licenses are a piece of paper.

Regards,

Juan Luis

gryshchenko Fri, 08/04/2006 - 04:28
User Badges:

Is it the same situation with CAD?

As fas as I know it's beeing checked against the number of logged agents and the number of licenses available...

--

Evgeniy

lpezj Fri, 08/04/2006 - 04:53
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

I have no used CAD with IPCC Enterise. But It could be possible that CAD uses the same security as Cisco IPCC Express for these license issues.

Regards,

Juan Luis

gryshchenko Fri, 08/04/2006 - 06:14
User Badges:

Hi,all!

How is it possible to have IPCC 7.0 lab/demo licenses and software?

Actions

This Discussion