cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2620 Serial Interface Problem

efairbanks
Level 1
Level 1

I am receiving the following error from my 2620 after I connect a serial cable between it and a 2501.

"The CD2430 Controller is not responding, power cycle the router"

They are both using PPP encapsulation and the clock rate is set to 64000. I have also rebooted the router as suggested. The interface on the 2620 is a low speed serial. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-Erik

3 Replies 3

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

You only need to configure the clockrate at DCE side and ensure the cable is DCE and the other side is DTE. Are both end configured as same sync. or async.mode ?

Check here for PPP back-to-back.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk507/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094504.shtml

Thanks. I actually fixed this last night by reseating the card (yeah...I should have tried that before posting here). Not 100% sure what happened to it. I had everything configured correctly. This router is part of my CCIE lab and I just hope it limps along until I pass. Thanks for your input :)

-Erik

It is great that you fixed the problem and go toward to be a CCIE in future.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card