Views
Helpful
Replies

GSLB & Site Redundancy

Frank
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 sites that contain 2 web servers each (All 4 servers have the same content). When both site are up I would like all traffic to be load balanced between the 4 servers. I also have a requirement that is any server or site goes down, sevice is not affected.

I have an CSS11501 with enhanced feature set at each site.

Is this possable?

How is this done?

Thanks

Frank

1 Reply 1

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

An application session is configured between two CSS switches in two different geographic locations. There is no requirement for a point-to-point link joining the sites; the only requirement is that the two sites can route to each other.

Using the CSS switches DNS capability, a higher level DNS server (in this example, the one authoritative for yourdomain.com) will be configured to use both CSS' circuit VLAN address as NS records for a sub-domain called www.yourdomain.com. Whichever CSS is referred to by the higher level DNS server will then resolve that a record request with the IP address of the DNS content rule on the CSS.

The primary site will be preferred through a combination of using an ACL on the secondary CSS, an application session between the two CSS switches, and configuring the above mentioned NS records on the higher-level DNS server.

This URl should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps792/products_configuration_example09186a00801dcd75.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: