cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How works the call forward to CUE?

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

Is there call "direct" or "forward" routing function in CUE which does in the Unity server?

I found different operational behavior that press message button(direct) or forward to personel greeting(forward) in the CME registered ephone. for example, choose 4 digit or full e.164 as called number in CME and configure PSTN e.164 number in CUE to direct login the VM.

Can I have a related URL to understand how it works in CUE?

Thanks in advance,

6 Replies 6

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure I understand the question. If CUE receives a direct call (i.e. no redirected call information presented) to the voicemail pilot number, it will give a generic message ("enter your id, followed by ") or--if the calling number matches a mailbox number--the "please enter your password" number.

If the call contains redirected information, it will look at that and try to find a mailbox number that matches that redirected number to play the personal greeting. If it doesn't find one, it will say 'no mailbox associated with that extension'. In CUE 2.3.1 you can select either the original or last redirect party to determine which one CUE should use.

I have a mail box in CUE and when I press message button on my CME phone, I get please enter your ID followed by # sign. I was expecting that it should ask for password instead of enter your ID. Am I missing something or it is doing according to it is designed ??

That means there is NOT a Unity Express VM user set up for that ephone DN. Go into your CME / CUE config to see if the IP phone in question has a VM user tied to its DN.

I created mail box using CUE GUI and I created username and mail box and assign the DN to the mail box.. Please look at my config at let me know.

Because of your command:

dialplan-pattern 1 85222323... extension-length 4

under telephony-service, the extensions are being expanded from, for example, 3400 to 85222323400. If you need the dialplan-pattern, then just change the E164 phonenumber in CUE (they shouldn't be the same anyway). For example, change:

username ravi phonenumberE164 "3400"

to

username ravi phonenumberE164 "85222323400"

Great.. That helped.. Thanks very much..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: