cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help. issue with isdn pri

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

my main isdn pri router is not working since my isp downgraded the lines from 30 to 8, what do i need to change on the router ?

thanks

11 Replies 11

mihanlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carl,

You will need to reconfigure the pri-group command near the top of the configuration. You will see a line similar to this below:

controller e1 1/0

You will need to look at the line shortly after that which should start with:

pri-group timeslots 1-31

It may have some other options after the 1-31 command which you will need to note before changing this. You can then go ahead and enter the new command with the new timeslots used (1-8).

Hope this helps

Michael

hi there, i have done this, for some reason it says

pri-group timeslots 1-8,16 ,why does it say 16 ?

is there anyway of checking to make sure its attempting to make an outgoing call ?

Hi Carl,

There is a debug isdn q931 command which will show details of outgoing calls using the PRI.

Hi Carl,

I would say it says only 8 or 16 is because you can only order PRIs in groups of 8, or the full E1 channel.

Michael.

I have done a debug isdn q931 and it doesnt do anything, if I ping a remote router, nothing happens at all, is there anything i can check to see if the isdn lines are up ?

sh isdn status

Here is a doc for Layer 1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094b76.shtml

This is for layer 2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094b77.shtml

Have you tried removing 16 to see if it makes a differenece?

Hi can you please do a sh isdn status and tell me what it says?

Michael.

Carl

It say's 16 as this is the D-channel for signalling

Usae the show ISDN ser command which will show the current status of the channels on the PRI

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: