Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Call forwarding on CM 3.3 version

Unanswered Question
Aug 2nd, 2006
User Badges:

my problem is when I active the call forwarding from my phone to a mobile phone, when the call get forwarded I can see the main line and not my extension. for example, the company main line is 62780000 and my DID line is 62781234. When caller dial to 62781234, the caller id shown from the cell phone is 62780000. the external mask is already set to 627XXXXX and the translation pattern is 627.XXXXX.is it a limitation to CM 3.3 version or is there any configuration that need to be done.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Wed, 08/02/2006 - 04:21
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

On the incoming translation pattern, check the Calling Party Transform Mask. This is what will be displayed for caller ID.

On the route pattern, check to see if Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask is checked. If so, the external caller ID will be the value assigned to External Phone Number Mask in DN configuration. Also, check the Calling Party configuration at the route list level. These settings override the settings for the route pattern.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

mcsenski24 Wed, 08/02/2006 - 18:53
User Badges:

Hi, thanks for the reply. from the calling party the external mask was already inpput to 627XXXXX so it hink it will override the settings from route pattern and translation pattern but the problem still the same.

Brandon Buffin Thu, 08/03/2006 - 04:24
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

When you say, "the external mask was already inpput to 627XXXXX", do you mean at the DN level? If so, this mask will be used by the route pattern if Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask is checked. This will not be used by the incoming translation pattern. For an incoming call, it should either be the calling party's caller ID or a value configured under Calling Party Transformations for the translation pattern.

Brandon

Actions

This Discussion