Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Extension Mobility : How to send Userid and Pin in URL

Answered Question
Aug 2nd, 2006
User Badges:

Hallo,

I have a customer who like to have line groups for a Hotline-DN, the users should login and logout in these Hotline very fast (!) with em service. After login they will have 2 numbers, the old "normal" dn and an additional second "hotline" dn.

Only the second hotline dn is member of the hotline hunt list.

But they dont like to authenticate userid and pin each time they are login with em service (its too slow...), so they would prefer a solution with 1 button for login and/or logout.

e.g. with a service url button on the phone

My qeustion is:

Is it possible to create a special EM service (URL) so that the userid and pin is automatically send to CCM 4.1.3 (as an extension in the URL ? ) and there is no request for these 2 parameters in phone display.

First I try to give the 2 parameters with default value (of the specific user) in the em configuration, but this doesnt work. There is still the authentication request.

Anybody knows the solution ?

kind regards

Michael

Correct Answer by fred.s.mollenkopf about 11 years 2 weeks ago

Michael,

I have deployed the same scenario to over 350 phones. This was done via service URL and extension mobility service subscibtion with the UserID and PIN parameters in the url. I bulked these to the user phones via AXL. Here is the URL (Variables are in between < >).

http:///emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#&userid=&seq=

You can also add parameters to the Extension mobility service itself, userid and seq. Then on CCMAdmin phone administration manually update the userid and seq with the correct values in the subscribed extension mobility service. You will know have a one button login.

As a sidenote, CM 4.2 has login/logout of Hunt Groups now but I haven't used it.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Overall Rating: 5 (7 ratings)
Tommer Catlin Wed, 08/02/2006 - 08:39
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

check this program out. I just stumbled upon it the other day.

http://www.voip-tools.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=75&Itemid=85

You can load it on the PC, or actually just execute the exe file and it starts up. Put the IP address of the phone you are at.

If you select "login" it will log you into the phone with EM. Its basically a GUI interface for your phone on your PC.

We have a client that loves EM, but hates the login interface.

I have also heard of people using badge access cards with 7960's rs232 port for authentication and EM.

As for the "hotline" second line to come up with EM, i have not gotten that work either. Just the primary line.

gpulos Wed, 08/02/2006 - 08:43
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

can you create a Service URL and create the parameters, UserID and Password.

enter the correct userID and password then assign the URL to a button. try this and let us know if it works. i'll try in my lab too and post the results.

i know i've got many ServiceURLs that require authentication to a CTI Application that i have working automatically with a one button push, so this shouldn't be much different.

Correct Answer
fred.s.mollenkopf Wed, 08/02/2006 - 09:35
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Michael,

I have deployed the same scenario to over 350 phones. This was done via service URL and extension mobility service subscibtion with the UserID and PIN parameters in the url. I bulked these to the user phones via AXL. Here is the URL (Variables are in between < >).

http:///emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#&userid=&seq=

You can also add parameters to the Extension mobility service itself, userid and seq. Then on CCMAdmin phone administration manually update the userid and seq with the correct values in the subscribed extension mobility service. You will know have a one button login.

As a sidenote, CM 4.2 has login/logout of Hunt Groups now but I haven't used it.

Thanks

Fred

m.nickel Wed, 08/02/2006 - 10:51
User Badges:

Hallo

thank you very much !

This was exactly the solution I was looking for,

works perfectly I tested it already !

best regards

Michael Nickel

Tommer Catlin Mon, 08/07/2006 - 08:42
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

If I have the EM service enabled, do I need to put the extension in the "devicename" or the SEP?

Thanks

fred.s.mollenkopf Mon, 08/07/2006 - 09:45
User Badges:

Tommer,

The extensions are setup in either two device profiles, with a user profile configured as the default phone profile, or in an autogenerated device profile and user profile with the autogenerated being the phone default. The 2nd device profile in either scenario will include a 2nd line for hunting. On the 1st profile (or on the base phone configuration) you add the EM service with the UserId and SEQ of the 2nd Device Profile. That way when the phone is logged out, meaning it's using the default autogen or user, the phone has a service with one button login. On the second profile add the EM service without the UserID and SEQ to allow logout. Here is also a URL to do automatic logout, just make a separate service called EM Logout.

http://Callmgrhost/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#&doLogout=true

Hope this answered the question, I wasn't really sure what you were asking though.

Thanks

Fred

lcubero Wed, 01/03/2007 - 10:02
User Badges:

Fred,

I tried your URL but it's not working fine. I still have to enter with USERID and USERPIN.

Thanks,

Luis.

fred.s.mollenkopf Wed, 01/03/2007 - 14:20
User Badges:

Luis,

Can you verify how your EM service is configured? If you use USERPIN as the service parameter this will not work. You must use seq and userid parameters. Also please post your CCM version.

Also from my original post make sure that you replace the variables, example if my userid in CCM was fmollenk, = fmollenk

Thanks

Fred

ashley.pearce Mon, 05/07/2007 - 10:52
User Badges:

Hi,

I have a question similar to this one however we wish to update the device-pool of a large number of phones. These phones currently have users logged in, so in order to update the device-pool of the phones (using BAT) we need to log everyone out.

Is there a way that we can do a group EM log-out?? We don't want to log out every user in the cluser, just a select group.

Thanks in advance.

Ashley

josequiros Tue, 06/12/2007 - 07:44
User Badges:

hi,

thank you, i was found the problem. it was about entreprise parameters in the service url phone, i remplaced the name of server by the ip address.

the ip phone cant resolve the name of call manager.

but now i ve another problem, when i selected the connect i cant got the login and password in got the message connection refused error[100]. what that error 100 mean??

Actions

This Discussion