Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

VoIP planning help

Unanswered Question

Hi All,

I have currently been assigned with starting the implementaion of moving in the direction of VoIP over my wan. My current phone system at the core of my network is a siemens. It has IP capabilities, but I am very unfamiliar with it. Bascially we want the whole four digit dialing deal over the wan. I have installed 2800 series routers in all of my remote sites in prep for this. Is it going to be easier for me to just install voice modules in these routers to do this? or to use my existing pbx to do trunking? I am very confused on where to even begin my research.

TIA,

R

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
mmorris11 Mon, 08/07/2006 - 09:20
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

If your existing PBX is going to play the role of "Call Agent" in Cisco vernacular, then you should be able to deploy the 2800 routers as h.323 gateways to your siemens system. You want to allow for the proper DSP resources in the routers to allow branch access to PSTN.

HTH

teodorgeorgiev Sat, 08/12/2006 - 02:30
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Not quite true.

We operate a large mixed TDM-VoIP network including Cisco CCMs, Siemens Hicom/HiPath and Cisco voice routers.

Configure the trunks between Siemens PBXes and the Cisco gateways on QSIG and everything will work --> Calling name delivery, callback, call transfer / forward and etc.

If you know what are you doing you will have no problems at all (unless looking for some very very very fancy features).

Actions

This Discussion