cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME:Pickup problems????

tnphoneman
Level 1
Level 1

We are installing about 10 CMEs and are having problems with the pickup feature. It will only work as directed pickup, where you must enter the extension number you are trying to pickup. I need it to work where hitting the pickup key will pick any ringing extension in the pickup group without entering a specific extension. Any opinions??

6 Replies 6

gene
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure you are pressing the star.

? Call pickup, explicit ringing extension?The phone user presses the PickUp soft key and then dials

the ephone-dn of the ringing telephone. Note that this method can also be used to pick up a call that

is on hold on another ephone-dn.

? Call pickup, explicit group ringing extension?The phone user presses the GPickUp soft key and

then dials the group number of the ringing telephone. If there is only one pickup group defined in

the entire Cisco CME system, the user needs only to press the GPickUp soft key.

? Call pickup, local group ringing extension?If the ringing telephone and the user?s phone are in the

same pickup group, the phone user presses the GPickUp soft key and presses the asterisk (*) key to

pick up the call on the ringing telephone.

So where are the explicit, local, etc...defined? All phones with the pickup feature are in the same group and this is the only group on the cme, but still no luck. I haven't tried the asterisk key. The weird thing is that it was working initially and now has stopped with no config changes made. I am trying to help another tech figure this one out. Thanks

Why don't you use the GroupPickup button instead of PickUp, if the phone belongs to the same pickup group pressing the GroupPickup button will answer the call.

HTH,

Chris

That is not working..that is what my problem is. When we use the group pickup it is still asking for a specific ext. even with every phone in the same group.

I did find a document that stated "with CME 4.0 directed pickup is the default" and you can turn that off with the "no service directed-pickup" command. I am understanding this to be a new option with 4.0. I forwarded this to the tech that will be making the change. I will update whether it worked or not. Thanks

Okay, the "no service directed-pickup" command worked. The system now picks whatever call is ringing in the group instead of the directed pickup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: