Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3000 Console Connection

l.tating
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have vpn3005 concentrator in the office. I have used the specially made console cable. But when I tried to connect it to my terminal Server (C2511) I cannot get any output. I used a DB9/RJ45 adaptor and plug it on to the Octal cable from Term Server. Is there a solution to this?

Respectfully,

Lorenz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A straight-through cable with a DB9 terminal adapter on each end is what the console cable is what I use with the VPN3030s

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

1.Check the physical connectivity whether the cable used are good condition or not.

2.Replace it with another working cable and check to connect

I believe that the octal cable from the C2511 is a roll-over cable. I believe that the connection to the concentrator should be a straight through. Can you get an async connection from a terminal server that is not through the octal/roll-over cable? Or perhaps can you connect a roll-over cable to the octal cable (rolling it twice produces straight?)?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

I will try to connect another roll-over to the octal, via a DB9 Male. I cannot see any documentation in CCO that tells the exact description of the console cable that comes with all VPN3000s.

Lorenz

A straight-through cable with a DB9 terminal adapter on each end is what the console cable is what I use with the VPN3030s