cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Technology Documentation on VRRP and GLBP

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

I am looking for technology documentation about VRRP and GLBP on the documentation site. I can find HSRP under [Networking Technology] -> [IP] -> [IP Application Services], so I expected to find VRRP and GLBP nearby, but I could not. Can anyone point me to the VRRP and GLBP technology pages?

Am I the only one who finds it easier to find information on the "former" documentation site?

VRRP and GLBP are not even in the A-Z Technologies Index!

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

4 Replies 4

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Kevin,

I usually use the Doc CD, see the link below for the VRRP/GLBP part:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cg/hiap_c/ch20/index.htm

Regards,

GNT

Thank you for the reference GNT.

I contacted the feedback at the same time, and they supplied a few useful white papers as well. But no indication that the shortcomings of the web site were going to be rectified.

What I really want to know is why were those white papers not linked from the Technologies documentation site? There are many many useful documents that I cannot find any more. It seems to me that the new documantation site is very poor compared to the old one.

Does this mean that Cisco is becoming less open in its documentation. If so, I think that is deplorable. It is one of the mains things I like about Cisco: open and accessible documentation.

Does anyone else agree?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

What I believe they still open the doc. to user but it is difficult to seach as usual as before.

Or we need the registed customer / partner right to read those doc.

Hi,

The following presentation for GLBP is quite good:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6600/prod_presentation0900aecd801790a3.html

Might help.

Regards,

AbhisheK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: