Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Directoried button on phone

Unanswered Question
Aug 10th, 2006
User Badges:

I have a 7960 phone that, when I press the "directories" button, it gives missed calls, recieved calls, placed calls, and it also gives "corporate directory". I dont think "corp directory" is the default as far as showing up. Can anyone tell me where I would go add/remove things so that when I press the "directories" button, it shows those items? Thanks.

Overall Rating: 3 (4 ratings)
gpulos Thu, 08/10/2006 - 11:25
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

by default, missedCalls, receivedCalls, placedCalls and corporateDirectory are available by pressing the 'directories' button.

the file(s) that controls the 'directories' button are located at "c:\'ccmIPaddy'\ciscoWebs\ipPhoneServices\CCMCIP". the .ASP files xmldirectory, xmldirectoryinput and xmldirectorylist are used.

fred.s.mollenkopf Thu, 08/10/2006 - 11:31
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

John,

The corporate directory by default is going to connect to your LDAP server configured with CCM. You can change the directories button at a couple of different places.

1. In Enterprise Parameters, change the Phone URL parameters, URL Directories to a value of another web page and/or server.

or

2. Modify the existing xmldirectory.asp. This is located in C:\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMCIP. This has a dependant dictionary file that you can change the name of the "Corporate Directory" displayed. This is a common thing to change. That is located in C:\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMCIP\locales\english_united_states\ccmcipdictionary.asp.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

jjoseph01 Thu, 08/10/2006 - 12:44
User Badges:

I went and look, but Im not sure how I go about making changes to it. I opened up the file, which looks like the makings of a web page or something. My CM4.2 version doesnt have the corporate directory when I press the directories button on the phone, so Im looking to add it in. Im just not sure how to go about that. Could you provide a little more guidance please. Thanks.

gpulos Mon, 08/14/2006 - 07:48
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

set this in callManager administration as follows:

ccmadmin>system>enterpriseParameters>phoneURLparameters>URLdirectories

this is the location where the URL is put to have all phones (globally set) use the defined directory within callManager.

a default entry would look as follows:

http://ccmPubIPaddy/CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp

this parameter can also be set at the phone/device level at the following location:

ccmadmin>device>phones>'phoneToConfigure'>ciscoIPphoneExternalDataLocations>directory field.

fred.s.mollenkopf Mon, 08/14/2006 - 07:49
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

John,

Go to CallManager Enterprise parameters and make sure under Phone URL parameters/URL Directories that you're using either IP or a host name that the phones can resolve too. The Directory button references for Missed,Received,Placed are local to the phone and the Corporate directory is a HTTP link. If your phone can resolve the address it won't ever show up.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Actions

This Discussion