cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directoried button on phone

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

I have a 7960 phone that, when I press the "directories" button, it gives missed calls, recieved calls, placed calls, and it also gives "corporate directory". I dont think "corp directory" is the default as far as showing up. Can anyone tell me where I would go add/remove things so that when I press the "directories" button, it shows those items? Thanks.

5 Replies 5

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

by default, missedCalls, receivedCalls, placedCalls and corporateDirectory are available by pressing the 'directories' button.

the file(s) that controls the 'directories' button are located at "c:\'ccmIPaddy'\ciscoWebs\ipPhoneServices\CCMCIP". the .ASP files xmldirectory, xmldirectoryinput and xmldirectorylist are used.

John,

The corporate directory by default is going to connect to your LDAP server configured with CCM. You can change the directories button at a couple of different places.

1. In Enterprise Parameters, change the Phone URL parameters, URL Directories to a value of another web page and/or server.

or

2. Modify the existing xmldirectory.asp. This is located in C:\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMCIP. This has a dependant dictionary file that you can change the name of the "Corporate Directory" displayed. This is a common thing to change. That is located in C:\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMCIP\locales\english_united_states\ccmcipdictionary.asp.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

I went and look, but Im not sure how I go about making changes to it. I opened up the file, which looks like the makings of a web page or something. My CM4.2 version doesnt have the corporate directory when I press the directories button on the phone, so Im looking to add it in. Im just not sure how to go about that. Could you provide a little more guidance please. Thanks.

set this in callManager administration as follows:

ccmadmin>system>enterpriseParameters>phoneURLparameters>URLdirectories

this is the location where the URL is put to have all phones (globally set) use the defined directory within callManager.

a default entry would look as follows:

http://ccmPubIPaddy/CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp

this parameter can also be set at the phone/device level at the following location:

ccmadmin>device>phones>'phoneToConfigure'>ciscoIPphoneExternalDataLocations>directory field.

John,

Go to CallManager Enterprise parameters and make sure under Phone URL parameters/URL Directories that you're using either IP or a host name that the phones can resolve too. The Directory button references for Missed,Received,Placed are local to the phone and the Corporate directory is a HTTP link. If your phone can resolve the address it won't ever show up.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred