Active Directory integration with call manager

Unanswered Question
Aug 10th, 2006
User Badges:

Hi,

I am facing issues while Integrating the CCM to my Active Directory using AD Plug-in.

SITE SETUP:

1. Windows 2003 Parent Domain Controller located remotely with GC.

2. Windows 2003 Child Domain for the Parent DC located Locally with GC.

3. Cisco CallManager 4.1.3 sr3b

My Requirement is to integrate CCM with my Windows 2003 AD.

My Questions are:

1. Do I need to Provide the Parent Domain name or the Child Domain name while performing the AD Plug-in Setup?

2. Does my Call Manager need to have the Forest access of the Active Directory (i.e., Does it perform some modifications in the Parent Domain)?

3. Does the user account (which is used for Directory Integration) need to have direct members of Schema Admins or thru some other domain admin groups (i.e., Admin user -> Child Domain Admins Groups -> Parent Domain and Schema Admin Groups)?

Can anyone can help me on this?

Thanks,

V.Kumar

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gogasca Fri, 08/11/2006 - 07:22
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

1. Do I need to Provide the Parent Domain name or the Child Domain name while performing the AD Plug-in Setup?

Use the root domain, in this case the Parent domain.

Cisco does not recommend having a Cisco Unified CallManager cluster service users in different domains because response times while user data is being retrieved might be less than optimal if domain controllers for all included domains are not local.

2. Does my Call Manager need to have the Forest access of the Active Directory (i.e., Does it perform some modifications in the Parent Domain)?

Yes, actually all domains in the forest share the same Schema, which will be modified after running the AD plugin.

3. Does the user account (which is used for Directory Integration) need to have direct members of Schema Admins or thru some other domain admin groups (i.e., Admin user -> Child Domain Admins Groups -> Parent Domain and Schema Admin Groups)?

Account should be a member of the Schema Admins group in Active Directory, try the one in parent domain.

Correct permissions for CCMAdministration and similar example for your setup:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00806e8c04.html#wp1043057

HTH

Actions

This Discussion