Views
Helpful
Replies

Enterprise Data field: Caller Name

vbogaerj5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using the agent desktop and for the moment when there is somebody calling we can see this number, but not his name. Does anybody know how to get also the name of the caller?

I think we have to look for that in the LDAP directory, how can I do this in the script?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

sferland
Level 1
Level 1

The Call Manager doesn't pass the calling name (as received from the PSTN) to the IPCC Express. So, the only choice you have, is to built your own BD and match a number to a customer's name.

Steven

I do a Get call contact info and set the Original Calling or Called Party to a variable. Then you can create an 'IF' statement against that variable and if it's true (CallingParty == 5551212), then set an Enterprise variable to the Calling or Called party Name ("Ajax Company"). You'll then have to add the Enterprise variable to the default layout under Enterprise Data in the Desktop Admin. Then when you get a call into the trigger from 5551212 it will show "Ajax Company" to the agent

Hope this helps

Remember to rate your posts!!!

Luke

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: