cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UDLD disabled on link ports -

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

Should UDLD be enabled on Trunk Ports only?

and not ports connecting a switch to a router?

5 Replies 5

frankzehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Rob,

have a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080160a5d.html

It is a example from a 6500 series Switch, but clarifies that UDLD is not only designed for trunk links. It works fine for switches and router links too.

Best regards,

Frank

The customer has UDLD configured on ports connecting switches...not on ports connnecting switches to router. Is there a way Campus can be configured to report UDLD disabled messages between switches only?

Hi Rob,

It was an example. Oc course it is working between switches too.

One question where in Campus do you want to create this report? Do you think more about RME or DFM?

Please let me know.

Best regards,

Frank

AFAIK all you can do is ask Campus to check on it or not.

Why it only checks between switches (this is what you see right?) is unclear to me.

I guess all you can do is an "enthancement" request and see what cisco has to say.

Cheers,

Michel

The "UDLD disabled on link ports" reports on trunk ports, non-trunk ports connecting other switches as well as ports connecting a switch to a router. Can it be configured to check for UDLD on trunk ports only?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: