Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

MoH Live-Feed

Unanswered Question
Aug 16th, 2006
User Badges:

Per the .pdf titled "Integrating Cisco CallManager and Cisco SRST to Use Cisco SRST as a Multicast MOH Resource" an FXO port can be used to attach a "live" MoH stream via a Cisco gateway.

One of the listed restrictions is:

"An FXO port can be used for a live feed if the port is supplied with an external third-party adapter to provide a battery feed."

Does anyone know of an adapter that will provide the battery feed? I have searched the Valcom, Bogen, Anixter and Greybar websites without any luck. Google has no idea what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Overall Rating: 1 (1 ratings)
ivillegas Tue, 08/22/2006 - 10:33
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

If MoH from an audio file and MoH from a live feed are both configured on the Cisco CallManager Express router, the router seeks the live feed first. If a live feed is found, it displaces an audio file source. If the live feed is not found or fails at any time, the router falls back to the audio file source.

Remove the first file using the no moh command before you specify a second file in order to change the audio file to a different file. This output shows an example:

Router(config-telephony-service)#no moh file1

Router(config-telephony-service)#moh file2

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a0080181305.html#wp2175030

rgoyette Tue, 08/22/2006 - 13:18
User Badges:

Thank you Gene.

We have come to the same conclusion and have the E&M module on order.

Thanks

Gene,

I am setting this up with an E&M card. What did you use for a cable to connect the audio source (mp3 player or radio) via the audio jack to the E&M port (rj45)?. Did you build your own custom cable or puchase one (if so where). Cisco docs state:

"We recommend an analog E&M port for the live-feed MOH interface because it requires the minimum number of external components. You connect a line-level audio feed (standard audio jack) directly to pins 3 and 6 of an E&M RJ-45 connector."

I am having trouble with the cable. The audio cable I get from Radio shack has a center insulated core wire (stranded), and then thin stranded wire (ground?)surrounding the core. I think I have everything configured properly but I am having trouble with the cable. Any input you have on this greatly appreciated...Thanks, MDD

mamadubig Sun, 10/08/2006 - 16:59
User Badges:

I am trying to do the samething but have no idea where to start. I can purchase an E&M VIC if necessary but how do I connect the whole thing. My live stream is a radio station. Please help.

MARTIN STREULE Mon, 10/09/2006 - 03:29
User Badges:

Connect player using RJ45 directly on pins 3 and 6.

MARTIN STREULE Mon, 10/09/2006 - 04:10
User Badges:

"You connect a line-level audio feed (standard audio jack) directly to pins 3 and 6 of an E&M RJ-45 connector."

We did some tests and found some IOS which don't work, others which worked, so you probably have to do sone tests too.

Please also refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/ip_ph/srs/srsinter/moh.pdf

Chapter "Configuring SRST MOH Live-Feed Support"

Here the config we tested:

voice-port 0/2/0

auto-cut-through

operation 4-wire

signal immediate

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 7777 pots

destination-pattern 7777

port 0/2/0

!

call-manager-fallback

moh-live dn-number 3333 out-call 7777

( max-ephones ..)

I got this working today on CME 4.0 IOS ver 12.4.9T, 2811 Router...here is how:

I used an VIC2-2E&M card

** Configuration **

voice-port 0/0/0

auto-cut-through

operation 4-wire

signal immediate

no vad

dial-peer voice 100 pots

description ** LIVE MOH FEED **

destination-pattern 5555

port 0/0/0

ephone-dn 100

number 6666

description ** LIVE MOH FEED **

moh out-call 5555

telephony-service

multicast moh 239.10.16.8 port 2000

** TO BUILD CABLE **

purchase a #274-286 1/8" phone plug at Radio Shack. Solder one solid phone wire to the tip and one wire to the base of Phone Plug. Crimp other end of Tip wire to pin #3 and base wire to pin #6 in a RJ45 connector. Plug into live MOH source (radio or MP3 player with 1/8" headphone jack). Make sure you do 'no shut' on voice-port 0/0/0.

g-kennett Mon, 10/30/2006 - 09:10
User Badges:

Have any of you had any issues with the level of volume the caller hears with this setup. We have increased the right up to 14dB and you can only just hear the live feed. We have tried this with a few different feeds (ie CD players, iPODS etc)

Anyone got any suggestions?

Actions

This Discussion