cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPTV Server

CiscogeekIND
Level 1
Level 1

I am using IPTV broadcast server 3.5. In my content manager i created one on-demand programme and when i checked that with load plugins in content manger the video is not coming it is showing " Couldnot create RSTP connection with programme manager" same in viewer also. In viewer it is showing the complete programme information incoming video IP and port numner , incoming audio IP and port number. but it is not working. Please can anyone help me in this issue. thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Put the address and name of the server in the hosts table.

Usually C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\Hosts

Follow the example; usually provided as "hosts.sam" ... edit that file and save it as just "hosts."

If you have control of the DNS, put in the name of the IPTV system (exactly as configured on the IPTV and clients) and the appropriate IP address.

I believe what's happening is that the IPTV and / or the clients are trying to find the system by name and there is no system available to point the requested name to the correct IP address. An entry in the hosts table or DNS should correct this if that's the problem.

Good Luck

Scott

Thanks for your valuble information.

For some applications it is showing RSTP port not respnding , but i am not changed the defult port configuration , and i am disabled the firewall in My operating systems. What is slidecast ? and by default how the communication is going on between the server nad viewers, will they use Multicast?