I have been asked to set up a directory enquires type operation
So a customer dials in on the main number looking for an internal users number , the agents picks up the call does a search for the number , the caller then has the number played out to them ,then they are transferred to the number
My method of implementing this is as follows
1) Customer dials main number
2) Agents picks up call
3) Customer request internal users number
4) Agents opens a web page which is linked to the directory and searches for the particular user,
5) When agents has found the number , they press the ?select button? on the web page which writes an XML file with the required extension number in it on to the ipcc server
6) Agents then transfers the call to a script that reads the xml file and plays the number using the generated prompt step to the customer then transfers the caller.
The above should work fine if there was only agent and only one call at a time, but in this scenario there are 10 agents all taking these types of calls , and if two agents write to the text file in quick succession I can?t guarantee the caller will get the correct number
Any suggestions on how to over come this
can any one suggest a better way of achieving this requirement?