cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eMail script

cairns-a
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a basic script that I can test my email subsystem to make sure it is setup correctly. I have not done anything with the email scripts before so I am not really sure where to start.

Does anyone know where I can get a basic email script?

I am using IPCC express 3.5

Thanks in advace

Trae

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a simple script that sends an email to test@cisco.com. Off course you would place this logic within your script to send email when you want it.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you. That was what I needed.

Maybe you could answer one more question.

I am looking at collecting several pieces of information (it will be all digits)and then creating an email with that info in it and send it to an email address.

Do you thnk this can be done?

Would I just use a create doc statement?

Thanks

Trae

Sure, very easilly, here is an example. Use the "get digit string" step and store it as a variable then notice in the body of the email the account number variable is referenced.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the sample. It has really helped understand the flow.

I see how you collect the digits and then present them in the email. Is there a way to collect another set up digits and present that in the same email?

So the body of the email would look like this:

The account number is 123456789

The call back number is 8001234567

Sorry for all the questions. I have just started working with the scripts that involve email.

Thanks

Trae

Off course, you would have to add another "get Digits string" step and store is as another variable. And in the body of the script refernce both variables. You can also get the ANI digits automatically, but I think it would be better to ask the caller, so he can specify different number. Or you can read the collected ANI number to the customer and ask if this is the number he/she wants to use for callback, if yes press 1, to specify another number press 2, and then collect the digits.

Chris

Thanks. I got it now. Just to add the logic I need.

Thanks again for your help.

Trae