Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

WLC Design Questions

Unanswered Question
Aug 25th, 2006
User Badges:

Looking for a "recommended" design.

Looking at a remote location that contains no Cisco switches or router. 5 AP's total. Seems kinda of pointless to setup a 4402 Controller for 5 AP's. What is the recommended REAP mode implementation (real world) for AP's? Other alternatives?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
diro Fri, 08/25/2006 - 10:53
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

you could by a 2006 controller that supports up to 6 ap or a cisco isr with wireless controller module

svanhandel Tue, 09/05/2006 - 13:10
User Badges:

Thanks... Kinda of what I figured. This design does not scale well if the remotes all use between 3 - 5 AP's at each site. If you can't run these use REAP mode... What good is it?

claeysg Tue, 09/05/2006 - 23:30
User Badges:

Another option is to use hybrid-REAP but Cisco does not recommend to use hybrid-REAP when there is more than 3 Aps on the remote site.

Note: Hybrid-REAP is a new feature of the latest release (June 2006). This feature is also only supported on the 1131AG and on the 1242AG.

alois.heilmaier... Wed, 09/06/2006 - 09:28
User Badges:

Hi,

be careful, you don't have infrastructure at the remote site ?

You can directly connect up to 3 APs to a 2006 controller. But I don't know, if you can use 1130/1240 APs because they are LWAPP-converted APs, so they only use L3-LWAPP. I think with L3-LWAPP there must be an L3-Link between AP and controller, but I am not sure. By the way POE is an extra, controller 2006 has no POE enabled Ports.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode