Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3000 Software question ???

ksimsimon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

i have a question about the software for the VPN 3000 .on the cisco side i found last week the new 4.2.7.I from 03-AUG-2006 and now i found a newer one with vpn3000-4.1.7.O-k9.bin from 15-AUG-2006.

this is a little bit confusing for me.

can anyone explain me what to use for a VPN Conc 3030 with 128mb mem?

thanks in advance

Klaus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mmasha
Level 1
Level 1

What is your VPN-server hardware part number if it support 3DES you can use vpn3000-4.1.7.O-k9.bin otherwise no.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mmasha
Level 1
Level 1

What is your VPN-server hardware part number if it support 3DES you can use vpn3000-4.1.7.O-k9.bin otherwise no.

Hi mmasha,

ok thanks for the answer.i have checked this and yes we have 3DES.now i have upgraded both concentrators and it works.

thanks for your help.

regards

Klaus

Can anyone explain the differences between the 2 code streams? What are the differences, vulnerabilites in the code levels? and what is the recomended upgrade? Are there new release scheduled soon we should wait on?

Not 100% sure, but my impression is that the 4.7.x series have more to do with WebVPN and SVC (activeX vpn client) featues. Can someone confirm this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: