Unity MTA Issues

Unanswered Question
Aug 28th, 2006
User Badges:

I am in a bit of a bind!!! Here is the scenario:

All calls coming in from the PSTN to users are being delivered to the UnityMTA folder. All internal calls are being deliever with no problem? Any help/suggestions??

Overall Rating: 3.5 (2 ratings)
Ginger Dillon Mon, 08/28/2006 - 07:48
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Hi -

All outside calls go to the Unity_servername mailbox, which should reside on the partner mail store server you configured in Message Store Configuration Wizard. From the Unity server, you can use Exchange System Manager to view the mail-enabled accounts. You should check to see if the mailbox is there. You may want to run SYSCHECK logged onto the Unity server as your unitymsgstoresvc account and see if it reports any errors. Did you by any chance move the mailbox to another server? One last thing I would check - in Active Directory Users and Computers, with Advanced Features selected in the MMC so you can see the Security Tab, check to make sure the unitymsgstoresvc account has the required permissions (and that inheritance is enabled/checked on the Advanced options of the Security Tab) and lastly, that the unity_servername account has not been disabled.

Ginger

cplatt01 Mon, 08/28/2006 - 10:15
User Badges:

Thanks for the info. Actually, when I restarted the UMR service, the messages were delivered!

Ginger Dillon Mon, 08/28/2006 - 10:35
User Badges:

Hi -

Dang! That was the easy answer ;-) I went down the technical nth detail path. Thank you for reminding me it's sometimes the easy answer that works best - also for letting me know you got it working.

Sincerely, Ginger

ecstillman Tue, 09/05/2006 - 15:38
User Badges:

Hi Ginger,

Our Unity_servername account is disabled but everything works fine. We're running version 4.2(1). Is this something I need to look into further?

Thank you,

Erik

Ginger Dillon Mon, 09/11/2006 - 08:51
User Badges:

Hi Erik -

It is OK for the account to be disabled. It is not going to be used for logging on. I had to check to make sure, but it appears the Unity_servername account is disabled in 4.0(5) installs forward.

Ginger

Tommer Catlin Fri, 10/13/2006 - 05:27
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

Nice catch ginger.. this would bit me last night.... I was cleaning out disabled accounts and it knocked my unity_servername out of AD..... ugg.. long night

Actions

This Discussion