Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration for the PIX ?????

afzaalq007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we are going to implement firwall security C515 on our techncal centre , i need some doc for this plz send us some link for for this.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Afzaal

What kinda documents you would like to have ?

do you want to check out the datasheet of the firewall model or any config reference.

For config reference you can refer this link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html

Data sheets of all pix models can be checked out from here..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/index.html

regds

Hi ,,

Thanks for the ans !!!

I have three model of Cisco PIx avable with us .. cisco 506 cisco 525 and the above one.

i want to configur them and need some basic configuationsss.

Thanks

Hi Afzaal

you need to key in more inputs like the requirement for which you require your PIX to be configured.

More or less all kinda scenarios has been discussed on the link which i have posted in my previous mail.

you can refer the same and build the things up..

regds

Hi

Thanks agian !!!

My scanrio is very sample i have to secure my my data center from the internet...

I have one router conected to the internet (10 MBS) and i have to protect my some important data server. so for this i want to use PIX-506

Regdards

Hi,

I certainly do understand your situation. Infact I had learned the PIX in straight 8 hours, and the same evening I had to implement a PIX at one of our customers.

To implement PIX you must know that there are 6 primary config commands:

1. nameif

2. interface

3. ip address

4. nat

5. global

6. route

The syntax for these commands are not very difficult, however may take a bit of time to understand through the console help. However if you go through the Config Guide of the PIX OS 6.3 its very easy to understand.

I hope this should help you to get going, please revert back in case of any further info required.

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

PS: Please rate if it helps

Hi

Thanks for replying !!!!

can you provide me the samle configuration for this .... as you mention above the Six command....

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco