Views
Helpful
Replies

web application access

foxbatreco
Level 3
Level 3

Hii,

I have a appln server which is mapped in my router.I am able to access this from anywhere using the public ip. but if i try to access it from inside the n/w using the same public ip it doesnt, is there any way out??

6 Replies 6

vijayasankar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I assume that NAT is configured on your router to expose your internal application server through the public ip for reachability from internet.

If this is correct, then the application server will be physically located in your inside network. Hence if you want to reach this server internally, you should access it using its original/private ip only, as the clients and the server are in the same lan.

You wont be able to access this server via the public ip from your inside network. It will not be possible. That's how NAT works.

-VJ

rajinikanth
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Try using your internal appln server address instead of the public ip to access it from inside the network.

HTH

Thanks

Raj

Hii,

I am able to access the server using the internet ip address from the n/w but unable to do so when i use the public ip.

put it on dmz and crate a static xlation if you want to access it on both internal and publicly.

thx

Hello Jeric

Can you provide any link for your above suggetion...I have same scenerio...

So how to put server in to DMZ..

Thanks

Dhaval Tandel

Hi,

placing an entry in the lmhosts file locally on your client machines could resolve DNS related issues. It should refer to your internal IP when using the server name.

Regards, Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card