Dialing from Outlook

Unanswered Question
Sep 6th, 2006
User Badges:

Hi I'm having problems with this and I hope that I'm just overlooking something obvious. I followed the steps from the cisco.com link on TSP intergraation with Outlook. Everything was everything but at the end it doesn't work. I've installed the Plug in on my computer and one other, went thru and configured as per the document, Under he Cisco-IP PBX Service Provider Box, I wasn't sure if User Name and Password meant mine, but that's what was inputed on both PCs

Now then when I go into Outlook and pull up the contact that I have setup on the other PC, I was expecting to see that other IP phone's MAC Address as an option under Dialing Options/Line Properties. The only 2 options that I have is IPCONF LINE and H323 Line, in the example from the document I see what appears to be a MAC address. So please tell that I'm overlooking something simple. Thanks in Advance

Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Wed, 09/06/2006 - 08:06
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

James,

Make sure that the IP phone is associated with the user that you are using in CCM administration. Also, make sure that the username/password is the one you use to access CCM. See if you can log into http://callmanager/ccmuser with this username/password.

Brandon

jalston45 Wed, 09/06/2006 - 08:49
User Badges:

Thank you Brandon, but let me ask you this if when I go into CCMAdmin and find the user under the Global Directory/ User Configuration and I see next to Controlled Devices SEP123456789099, doesn't that mean that the phone is associated with that user, or is there somewhere else I need to make the association??

Brandon Buffin Wed, 09/06/2006 - 09:16
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Yes, that does mean that the phone is associated with that user. Take a look at the ciscotsp.txt file located at c:\program files\cisco on your machine. There are some instructions specific to Windows XP that I think may help.

Brandon

johncaston_2 Sun, 09/10/2006 - 13:19
User Badges:

Hi,

I've just installed this on our CME and working fine. In the Dial Options you should have an option "Line - xxxx" to choose from. This only appears if the TSP app has successfully connected to and authenticated with the CCM or CME. I've also noticed that it only does it when you reboot your PC. I've haven't found a way of reconnecting without a reboot. I've got a laptop that I usually place into Stand-by mode and can't get it to reconnect unless I restart it.

Actions

This Discussion