cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN between PIX and Sonic wall

mburguk1000
Level 1
Level 1

I need to set up a VPN between a pix and sonic wall firewall, could someone please point me to the correct documentation. Also I have an existing VPN to this site set up already with our primary ISP, what I want to do is set up one with our secondary ISP using the pix to connect to the sonic wall.

My question is, if there is two VPNs between the same site, if the sonic wall sees the same internal address scheme, will this present any issues

3 Replies 3

vijayasankar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

For your first query, here's the URL, which has steps to establish vpn connectivity between sonic-wall and pix.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a008052c9d4.shtml

To answer your second question, we need to know more on Where & How is your primary VPN configured.

Hope this helps. Please rate the post, if you find it usefull

-VJ

The question I have is

1) We have 1 VPN to a remote office, this is over Internet and what i want to do is create a second VPN connection to the same place,

2) The Fist VPN is connected over our Primary ISP which is checkpooint to Sonic wall

3) We have a secondary ISP where I want to create a second VPN connection which is pix to sonic wall.

4) what my question is, when the sonic wall sees the second VPN connection and both private address spaces which will be on both VPNs will this create any issues

Hope this helps

Hi,

Check the following document for the seconday IPSec Gateway feature in sonicwall, which is used for having redundant vpn connection. This should help you out to setup this.

http://www.sonicwall.com/Support/pdfs/Using_Secondary_IPSec_Gateway.pdf#search=%22sonicwall%20%2B%20ipsec%20%2B%20gateway%20address%22

Hope this helps. Rate the post if you find it usefull.

-VJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card