Unity AA transfer to non-subscribers

Unanswered Question
Sep 7th, 2006
User Badges:

Regarding Unity 4.x:

Can the AA be changed so it does not check for valid extensions when a caller enters the extension in a call handler?

I have a customer with a large number of non-subscriber extensions which would need to be assigned as internet type subscribers otherwise.

Regards,

Scott

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
lindborg Thu, 09/07/2006 - 20:34
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

You can use the system transfer feature in Unity 4.1 and later (it may have been in 4.0(5) but I don't have a version here to check). There are two types of system transfer you can access - subscribers (requires authentication but uses the restriction table associated with that user's COS) or caller system transfer which uses a single system wide restriction table. Both allow you to dial any number and have it do a release transfer to that number provided it is allowed by the appropriate restriction table.

Both conversatons can be accessed by mapping a user input key or by creating a routing rule that goes to one of them. In Unity 5.0 the subscriber system transfer conversation will also be allowed directly from within the subscriber conversation itself.

sposte Fri, 09/08/2006 - 05:43
User Badges:

Jeff,

I'm aware of the system transfer feature, but in practice it's a bit clunky for a caller to be able to dial subscriber extensions directly but have to press an additional key to dial non-subscribers.

I will probably opt to just bulk add internet subscribers to enable transfer directly from the main AA greeting.

Thanks for the input

Scott

lindborg Fri, 09/08/2006 - 11:35
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Call handlers would work but internet subscribers do no require a license - they also have the advantage that they can show up in the name lookup handler if you like.

Actions

This Discussion