Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity AA transfer to non-subscribers

sposte
Level 1
Level 1

Regarding Unity 4.x:

Can the AA be changed so it does not check for valid extensions when a caller enters the extension in a call handler?

I have a customer with a large number of non-subscriber extensions which would need to be assigned as internet type subscribers otherwise.

Regards,

Scott

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use the system transfer feature in Unity 4.1 and later (it may have been in 4.0(5) but I don't have a version here to check). There are two types of system transfer you can access - subscribers (requires authentication but uses the restriction table associated with that user's COS) or caller system transfer which uses a single system wide restriction table. Both allow you to dial any number and have it do a release transfer to that number provided it is allowed by the appropriate restriction table.

Both conversatons can be accessed by mapping a user input key or by creating a routing rule that goes to one of them. In Unity 5.0 the subscriber system transfer conversation will also be allowed directly from within the subscriber conversation itself.

Jeff,

I'm aware of the system transfer feature, but in practice it's a bit clunky for a caller to be able to dial subscriber extensions directly but have to press an additional key to dial non-subscribers.

I will probably opt to just bulk add internet subscribers to enable transfer directly from the main AA greeting.

Thanks for the input

Scott

I was just following some posts here and would just say to keep in mind you will be using a lic seat for each subscriber you add, why dont you use call handlers instead and change the transfer settings to the extensions you want.

Call handlers would work but internet subscribers do no require a license - they also have the advantage that they can show up in the name lookup handler if you like.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: