BARS Backup and disk space issues

Unanswered Question
Sep 7th, 2006
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Have BARS backing up 4 servers (CCM, CER, 2 CRA servers) and running into disk space issues if they are backed up at once (scheduled job).

Since there isn't a way to change the stage directory (that I know of, that is supported) - is the only viable means to move BARS from publisher and build a dedicated server to install BARS on with plenty of disk space to cover the amount of data all the servers use? I recall BARS documentation stating that it can be installed on any server with SQL, etc and proper components. Has anyone install BARS as a "backup server" on a regular windows server?

Anyone know if BARS will be able to split each data source off into it's own backup file instead of combining all of the sources into one file, to maybe help on the disk space issue while backup is running and amount of data in stage folders.

Thanks in advance.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Zin.Karzazi Fri, 09/08/2006 - 01:44
User Badges:

why not specify the "Dedicated Server" you already have as the Storage Server. So Bars will Upload all Backup to your dedicated Server.

Erick Bergquist Fri, 09/08/2006 - 08:26
User Badges:

Thats not the issue, it is the staging of the files which is local to the BARS server on C: drive. This can't be changed to another drive I don't believe and I wouldn't want to stage the files to a network drive. Perhaps a bigger drive/partition in the server but as far I know and read there is no such option to change where staging files are stored.

Actions

This Discussion