Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Licensing Question

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I just want to know if we bougth an ASA with 1000SSL license and then we bought a fialover do we have to pay again the 10000SSL licensing? Same question for Anti-X and IPS?

THanks,

4 Replies 4

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohamad,

Yes, you need to buy licensing for the failover unit as well. Both units should have the same hardware, software configuration, and proper license.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

Even if the the ASA is running in Active/Standby mode and not in Active/Active mode and there is no disscounted price of the failover?

Regards,

Yes, that is my understanding.

I would highly recommend that you contact your local sales team regarding discounts and maybe they can work something out.

Regards,

Arul

haddad

yes.. u will have to have to boxes which have the same replicated hardware/licenses. ASA pricing is not like PIX firewalls, where the failover unit is half of the price of the primary.. but u have ur own limitations there, where the failover unit cannot be used as a standalone unit at any point of time.... whereas in ASA u can use both the boxes in standalone boxes too...

in ASA, the active and the standby units must have identical software/hardware...

hope this helps.. all the best...rate replies if found useful..

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card