Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Licensing Question

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I just want to know if we bougth an ASA with 1000SSL license and then we bought a fialover do we have to pay again the 10000SSL licensing? Same question for Anti-X and IPS?

THanks,

4 Replies 4

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohamad,

Yes, you need to buy licensing for the failover unit as well. Both units should have the same hardware, software configuration, and proper license.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

Even if the the ASA is running in Active/Standby mode and not in Active/Active mode and there is no disscounted price of the failover?

Regards,

Yes, that is my understanding.

I would highly recommend that you contact your local sales team regarding discounts and maybe they can work something out.

Regards,

Arul

haddad

yes.. u will have to have to boxes which have the same replicated hardware/licenses. ASA pricing is not like PIX firewalls, where the failover unit is half of the price of the primary.. but u have ur own limitations there, where the failover unit cannot be used as a standalone unit at any point of time.... whereas in ASA u can use both the boxes in standalone boxes too...

in ASA, the active and the standby units must have identical software/hardware...

hope this helps.. all the best...rate replies if found useful..

Raj

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card