Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

VPN natted traffic ? Does it work with PIX / 837 ?

Unanswered Question
Sep 14th, 2006
User Badges:

Hello there,

I've got PIX505E and Cisco 837 to be connected via VPN. The problem is that I need 2 hosts on both ends to communicate to each-other using fake IP addresses, for instance, the host on PIX's end has IP of 10.10.10.10, it should be NATted to, say 192.168.10.10 and then it should connect to IP of 192.168.20.10 on the other end of the VPN which is actually a static-NATted IP address of the host with IP of 10.10.20.10 ? Hopefully this makes sense ... I know that it is easily possible on VPN concentrators, though I can't get it working on PIX/837. The PIX in particular complains regarding NAT/VPN issues and overlapping. Can anyone give me a hand with this one ? Sample config lines or HTTP ref would be appreciated !

Thanks,

Alex

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
cjdoidge Fri, 09/15/2006 - 07:38
User Badges:

It actually does. I've managed to sort it out myself. It was kind of easy on 837, but was a wee bit more tricky on PIX, since PIX's PDM doesn't allow to do that so I had to configure it via the telnet.

Basically, I set up a static translation and then specified to encrypt already NATted traffic since NAT happens first - it worked straight away....

Actions

This Discussion