Views
Helpful
Replies

problem WLC 4402 - MAC authentication issue

kurtdeneef
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are configuring the WLC for MAC filtering via a freeradius server.

When a client pc wants to authenticate through the WLC with the freeradius server,a shared secret is being transferred (configured in the WLC as ?radius server configuration?) instead of the MAC address of the client pc as a password (like it should be)

Very strange because this is a complete other behaviour as the Cisco AP1121G access point where the authentication with this freeradius server is working perfectly.

Is this a normal behaviour? Do I need to configure it otherwise?

Someone who can help me further?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Kurt

5 Replies 5

GaryJewers
Level 1
Level 1

Kurt,

Any chance that I can get a look at your config? It seems that what you're experiencing is what I'm looking for and vice versa. For username/password in my radius logs I see macaddress/macaddress but I'd like to see macaddress/sharedkey. Maybe comparing configs will show me what I might have missed?

Hi Gary,

How can i get it to you? it's to large to paste it here and i don't see an option to upload here.

Kind regards,

Kurt

How big is it? You can email to me at gjewers@gmail.com if it's under 10MB.

LINDSAYADAMS
Level 1
Level 1

Did you guys get anywhere with this? Our client cards are configured with the MAC as password & having just upgraded to ACS4.0, all the clients authenticating through the WLC4402 are now reporting that they can't AAA authenticate as the CS password is invalid. I've retyped the values but still won't authenticate. Any ideas?

omarmontes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kurt, i'm having the same problem, do you know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card