cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SATA Raid DL320 3.0GHz installation Unity

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody done an install of Unity using SATA Raid on a DL320 3.0Ghz? I can't seem to get Windows to recognise the RAID at all? Is the DL320 3.0Ghz supported yet?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Check out the HP supported OS versions for the DL server line - looks like only Windows 2003 Standard Edition and Windows 2000 Standard Edition - http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/windows/index-dl.html

Ginger

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

since you're using an HP server, you can use the SmartStart CD to install the operating system.

(unless you have another way to initialize the RAID before you run the windows setup program)

this is a common issue. i always use the SmartStart CD to install my operating system, as the SmartStart CD has the drivers to initialize the RAID before the windows installation begins.

without the RAID drivers initialized, a windows setup will not see the logical disks, and therefore will not be able to install.

(also, during the first part of the windows setup, you are asked if there are additional drivers you'd like to install. if you have the RAID drivers available on a disk and use those during the setup, then it should work as well. i find it much quicker to just use the SmartStart CD)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: