CCM weird issues, dialed number display wrongly on IPPhone, no dialtone

Unanswered Question
Sep 21st, 2006
User Badges:

Hi, we've 2 sites that has the toll-bypass, both are running Cisco 2811 voice gateway and interconnect through a E1 connection. I went on-site and try to troubleshoot what customer is complaining and the problem seems strange, here's my finding and I still dunno what caused the problem like this.

1) When Site_A calls Site_B (dialed xxxx)

a. No dialing tone, but after dialed xxxx, phone in Site_B will ring and if people at Site_B pickup, conversation can start without any problem

b. At Site_A ip phone display -> 2xxxx (xxxx = Site_B?s extension #)

c. At Site_B's phone display -> yyyy (yyyy = Site_A?s extension #)

2) When Site_B calls Site_A (dialed yyyy)

a. Dialing tone is OK

b. At Site_A's ip phone display -> xxxx000000 (xxxx = Site_B?s extension #)

c. At Site_B's phone display -> yyyy (yyyy = Site_A?s extension #)

any idea why these are happening? I just can't figure out why there's an extra number displayed on the IP Phone...thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
a.gooding Fri, 09/22/2006 - 08:08
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

have you run any debugs as yet?

debug voice ccapi inout.

see the call path and see exactly whats going on

networknoobs Sat, 09/23/2006 - 01:37
User Badges:

not yet, currently the customer has dismantled their voice gateway...i'll test again next week and definitely will try the debug command...should this debug perform at the ccm end or the other end that have a voice gateway connect to their PABX?

MattNicholls_2 Fri, 10/13/2006 - 14:08
User Badges:

check the masks used on both the phone setup and the line setup plus if you used masks in the Route Pattern or one other location which is escaping me right now. If I remember the last spot I will edit.

Actions

This Discussion