cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Confused about the WIC-1DSU-T1

fcrooks
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2620 router with a WIC-1DSU-T1 that I am trying to connect to a Adtran Atlas 550 with a T1 network card.

I am unable to bring the interface up. I think this is because the Atlas 550 T1 module is a channelized T1/PRI and the WIC-1DSU-T1 does not support this type of setup.

Do I have to scrap my WIC-1DSU-T1 and replace it with a NM-1CT1-CSU or can I configure the Atlas 550 to provide the proper signaling for the WIC-1DSU-T1?

2 Replies 2

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

It should work fine. I use an Atlas 800+ (same interfaces as teh 550).

What settings are you using?

What is the configuration of our cable?

Can you post a sh controller, sh int

Is the WIC/serial down/down, up/down, or up/down?

What is connecting the other end? (i.e., after the 550 where does the circuit go? another Cisco router? a BRI? - like: 2620 (WIC)--> Atlas 550 --> ??

Does your Atlas have Frame-Relay enabled (and a hash code/license)?

What's the config on the Atlas look like? Here's the config guide & other support info:

https://www.adtran.com/adtranpx/Rooms/DisplayPages/LayoutInitial_webrQS%20_Q29udGFpbmVyPWNvbS53ZWJyaWRnZS5lbnRpdHkuRW50aXR5W09JRFs4N0Y1QkREREQ4NjdDNjQxQjdCOTUxMUQ3OUEzMTIwRl1d

Let us know ...

Scott

I am able to connect back to back 2600 with these modules using RJ48C crossover. One router is set for internal clocking.Encapsulation is PPP with no authentication. Everything works fine in this set-up.

I am basically splitting the back-to-back router setup and putting in the Atlas 550 with two T1/PRI network cards.

The Atlas Dial Plan is set up with both cards configured (in User Term) for PRI and an Incomming Accept number. It is also set up for ESF and B8ZS.

When I connect them to the Atlas, I get interface is up line protocol is down (same configs on the router except for the clocking is set to line because it is connecting to the Atlas). I am connecting into the atlas with the same RJ48C crossover cable.

From what I can tell, Layer 1 is up and operational.

Because the back-to-back setup works I am assuming it has to be with the atlas not being set up correctly or does not provide the line protocol in the way that the router modules can accept.